Most baked oatmeal recipes out there use bananas or applesauce, which can be high FODMAP depending what phase of the diet you’re in. You also need to be careful about the recommended mix-ins, such as dried fruit or certain nuts, because they can also be High FODMAP.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 heaping teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups lactose free milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (use 2tsp if using unflavoured milk)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together using a whisk.
- Add in wet ingredients one at a time, stirring gently in between.
- Spray 8×8 baking dish (I used avocado oil spray). Pour in oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool then cut into 9 even portions.
Recipe inspired by Cookie+Kate and Eating Bird Food.