Berry Crumble Slice
CRUST AND CRUMBLE TOPPINGS
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 c sugar-free maple syrup (or sweetener of choice: honey, agave)
- 3 tbs plant-based milk
- 2 c gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 c of frozen blueberries
- 1.5 c frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tsp of gluten free flour
Crust and Crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a square or rectangular baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt coconut oil and add to a large mixing bowl. Add flour, maple syrup (or sweetener of choice) and salt.
- Stir until mixture forms a dough. Add an extra dash of milk if the mixture is dry. Divide dough in half.
- Transfer one half of the mixture to the baking tin and push into the base using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins and remove from heat. Place remaining dough in the fridge.
Berry Centre and Topping:
- Place berries and sweetener in a saucepan.
- Cook on a low heat for 10 mins until the berries have softened.
- Dissolve flour in a dash of warm water and add to the berry mixture in the saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir until mixture thickens. Drizzle berry mixture over cooked base.
- Remove remaining dough from the fridge and crumble dough over the top of the berries until completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20mins or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool completely before cutting.
Store in the fridge and consume within 4 days.
MAKES 12 SMALL SQUARES
Allergen friendly: Gluten Free, Nut Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free
I’m Ali Guy… I am an Accredited Practising Dietitian who loves providing evidence based information on all things health and nutrition. My passion for nutrition lies in gut and gastrointestinal health. I want to inspire people to live their healthiest and most balanced lives. I am a big believer in nourishing your body from the inside out. I love food, cooking and all things peanut butter