Beans and Rice Bowl
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tin of 4 bean mix
- 1 vegan vegetable stock cube mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 50g baby spinach
- Soy, tamari sauce or coconut aminos to taste
- Extra water if required
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onion until softened, add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add cooked rice a large serving spoon size at a time and stir through mix.
- Add drained and rinsed beans and stir through.
- Mix through vegetable stock cube and water.
- Add sauce to taste.
- Stir through baby spinach just before serving.
- Add extra water if dish is too dry.
This dish can easily be adapted to suit your tastes.
Bella Gray is an 18 year old wildlife photographer, who manages multiple food allergies and a chronic inflammatory disease. She is a dedicated vegan and enjoys finding new allergy friendly foods and recipes that are vegan friendly.
Watch as dedicated vegan, Bella Gray cooks one of her favourite recipes, Beans and Rice Bowl. This recipe is easy to make, you can use leftover rice and make adaptions to suit your family’s allergies, dietary requirements and tastes.