Bean & Vegetable Soup
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 can butter or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and thyme and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a low simmer. Add beans, potatoes and broccoli.
- Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Marion Stock is the proud mother of three grown children and grandmother to six grandchildren.
Sarah Gray, President and Founder of ausEE Inc. is her second daughter and Bella Gray is her eldest grandchild. Marion is very family orientated and cooking is one of her passions.
Since Bella’s diagnosis of EoE and anaphylaxis risk allergies, Marion has adapted and created many recipes to cater to her dietary needs. Marion has been one of the test cooks for ausEE’s Allergy Friendly Recipe Book which is due to be published by the end of the year.