- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 banana (use underripe banana to make low FODMAP)
- 2/3 cup pea milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Optional to serve:
- Extra 1/2 banana (or blueberries for low FODMAP option)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined.
- Allow batter to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Spray a large pan with olive oil spray or oil and heat to a medium heat. Pour batter and cook hotcakes, flipping on each side (2-3 minutes) until golden and cooked through.
- Optional to serve: Chop 1/2 banana and add to the pan over medium heat along with 1 tsp maple syrup. Flip to caramelise banana on both sides and remove from heat once sticky and golden.
- Top hotcakes with caramelised banana and a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!