Banana Bread Hotcakes
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 banana (use underripe banana to make low FODMAP)
- 2/3 cup pea milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Optional to serve:
- Extra 1/2 banana (or blueberries for low FODMAP option)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined.
- Allow batter to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Spray a large pan with olive oil spray or oil and heat to a medium heat. Pour batter and cook hotcakes, flipping on each side (2-3 minutes) until golden and cooked through.
- Optional to serve: Chop 1/2 banana and add to the pan over medium heat along with 1 tsp maple syrup. Flip to caramelise banana on both sides and remove from heat once sticky and golden.
- Top hotcakes with caramelised banana and a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!
With a Bachelor of Science (Pathology) and Masters of Dietetics, Sophie is a strong believer in taking an evidence-based approach to nutrition.
She practices with a holistic outlook, focusing on nutrition as well as movement, sleep cycles and stress management to support clients in living their healthiest and happiest lives.
Sophie has several areas of clinical interest, including gastrointestinal conditions such as IBS, IBD, coeliac disease and diverticulitis, issues of women’s health such as endometriosis and PCOS, as well as counselling for weight management and emotional eating. She is also qualified to consult individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery, or bowel resections resulting in an ileostomy/colostomy.