Serves 4-6 as a Christmas vegan roast
*Vegan/Gluten Free/ Vegetarian/ Dairy Free
*Can swap nuts for pumpkin or sunflower seeds, can reference this swap in video
- 1 medium whole butternut pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Coles Cumin Seeds Ground
- ½ teaspoon Coles Cinnamon Ground
- 2/3 cup Wellness Road Australia White Quinoa, uncooked & rinsed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Coles California Walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup Coles Dry Roasted Almond, chopped
- ½ cup Coles Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Wellness Road Organic Hulled Tahini
- ¼ cup Coles Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Butchers or Cooking sting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cook quinoa according to packet instructions. Spread on a tray and allow to cool.
- Cut the pumpkin in half lengthways and using a sturdy metal spoon, scrape out the seeds and continue scraping out the flesh up the neck of the pumpkin, so it flesh is all 1 inch thick.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and cook off the onion for 2 minutes before adding in the garlic, mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes to soften before adding in the cumin and cinnamon. Cook, stirring until fragrant and the mixture is tender.
- Remove from the heat and mix through the quinoa, red chilli, walnuts, almonds, cranberries, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the hollowed-out pumpkin halves with stuffing and place back together and truss using butchers string so the pumpkin holds together.
- Rub a little oil on the outside of the pumpkin and cook in the oven for 30 minutes uncovered, then cover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Whisk all the Tahini dressing ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Slice the pumpkin into 2cm thick slices and drizzle with tahini dressing.