My Food Allergy Friends
My Food Allergy Friends is Australia’s leading provider of educational allergy resources. The aim of our Food Allergy SMART Program is to make it easy for parents, educators and schools to teach children about allergies using our books and resources, and children can have fun while learning too.
- Resources to help parents educate their child from an early age. Covering multiple allergens.
- Bright, eye-catching visual aids to engage children including flashcards and visual awareness posters.
- Safety products such as EpiPen labels, lunch box stickers, and medical bags to help make life with allergies much easier.
- Allergy packs specially designed for children. These can be used in childcare centres and schools.
- Educational awareness programs – incursions for Schools and Early Learning centres
- Family Allergy Masterclasses held across Australia
Our Mission – To create a fun and visual way for young children to learn about allergies. To support parents, teachers and classmates in keeping children with allergies safe.
Founded in 2012 Jackie Nevard is the founder of My Food Allergy Friends and author of the children’s allergy book series. Her son Thai has multiple food allergies, and after realising the need for allergy education,
Jackie launched My Food Allergy Friends. She has produced six books in her educational allergy series. Jackie has created a string of educational resources for parents, schools, and childcare centres, and runs the
Food Allergy Smart program in childcare centres and schools as well as her popular allergy awareness sessions in Australia.
Discovering your child has food allergies can feel overwhelming but you are not alone. We understand the challenges of bringing up a child with life-threatening allergies and we are here to help.