Bodecare has the largest range of pure plant bristle dry body brushes, and other wellness products. Its reputation for traditionally crafted workmanship and outstanding quality has lead to its popularity in 5 star Day Spa’s In Australia and throughout the World.
Dry body brushing has been used for years because the health benefits are so extensive. It can improve venous blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, aid in the release of toxins, exfoliate dead skin, reduce ingrown hairs and assist in reducing the effects of many skin conditions like Psoriasis, Keratosis Pilaris, Eczema and other dry skin conditions. Bodecare clients have used the dry brushing technique successfully for the relief of arthritis, increase circulation of scalp, improve poor circulation, reduce stress, remove bumpy skin from backs of leg and buttocks to achieve soft sexy skin on legs for the first time in years.
Rebecca Gaspert, Owner and Director of Bodecare (pronounced ‘body-care’) states, ‘the energizing benefits of skin brushing can be felt days after starting the process and could also tighten the skin and reduce cellulite in many cases, particularly if complemented with regular exercise, a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water.”
Bodecare Dry Body Brushing System has been developed to aid the body’s lymphatic drainage and for that reason, all brush strokes are toward the major lymph nodes in the body (see diagram in Dry Brushing Booklet available for download with every brush purchased).
Before Dry Body Brushing please take note of the following precautions:
- Never Skin Brush over active inflammation e.g. open wounds, inflamed sores, varicose veins, sunburnt skin.
- Never skin brush during an active cancer state or enlarged lymph nodes.
- Avoid breasts & genitalia area.
- If pregnant seek doctors advice first before skin brushing.
- If an allergic reaction appears stop brushing. Tell your naturopath what happened after you body brushed, it could be your body detoxing, but it is best to ask a naturopathic professional.
- Dry brushing does exfoliate skin, therefore regular washing of brush is essential to remove dead skin from the bristles.
- A slight reddening of the skin (erythema) is normal, it is the blood circulation responding to the skin brushing.
General Rules of Dry Skin Brushing:
- Always use a plant bristle skin brush. Plant bristles can be soft, medium and firm, choose a plant bristle that matches your requirements e.g if you need it for circulation, exfoliation, moving cellulite.
- Perform on Dry Skin only. This will provide the best stimulation and exfoliation. When plant bristles are wet, they go soft and clump together so you won’t get the results you are after.
- Generally stroke upward in one movement.
- Light strokes repeated 7 times.
- Adjust pressure to your comfort levels.
- Best to follow brushing with some form of hydrotherapy i.e. shower or bath
- Work from left to right side of body.
- You can download the body brushing booklet linked to every Bodecare brush in the online shop, which includes photos showing a diagram with brush stroke direction, toward the lymphatic nodes.