Gluten Free Vegetable Pancakes with Avocado Mayonnaise - Courtney Roulston
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 spring onions, white and green parts separated, sliced
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Coles Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts to serve
- 1 seaweed nori sheet, toasted, cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons gluten free sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 ripe hass avocado, halved
- 1 tablespoon Coles Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coles Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Coles Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Coles Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Place the cabbage, zucchini, white parts of the spring onion, rice flour, salt, pepper, eggs and sesame oil into a large bowl and mix well until you have a thick batter.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add in half the batter, about 1cm thick. Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Flip the pancake onto a plate and then carefully slide it back into the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes on the second side, then flip back over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes again to ensure the pancake is cooked through. Repeat with the second pancake.
3. For the mayonnaise, place half the avocado with the remaining ingredients into a high-speed blender and season with sea salt. Blend until smooth and the consistency of mayonnaise. Add a dash of water if the mixture needs thinning. Place into a zip lock bag for piping.
4. To serve, place the pancakes onto serving plates and drizzle over a generous amount of avocado mayonnaise. Cut the remaining avocado into 2 halves and place onto the pancake. Scatter with sprouts, sesame seeds, nori and the green parts of the spring onion.