1 ½ cup gluten-free plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp xanthan gum (omit if blend has it)
3 egg whites
3 tablespoon sugar
3 egg yolks
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon melted cooled butter
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Ube extract
1. In a big bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Stir with whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
2. In a separate medium size bowl, mix the egg yolks, butter, vanilla, milk, and ube extract.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mix. Lightly stir until just blended.
4. In another bowl, beat egg whites to medium peak and add sugar a teaspoon at a time. Continue to beat until stiff peaks.
5. Preheat your pan or flat griddle between low to medium heat.
6. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter using a spatula.
7. Pour batter onto pan in desired amount and cook the pancakes anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown
8. Serve with ice cream, your choice of fruit, or maple syrup.